A new summary offense charge was issued in the past week after an individual in the North Slave failed to follow self-isolation protocols, said Mike Westwick, Office of the Chief Public Health Officer spokesperson, on Wednesday.
The health order violation comes with a charge of $1,725 and was the first incident in two weeks.
Information on the offense, contained in the latest ProtectNWT Enforcement Statistics report didn’t specify where the violation was committed, as the GNWT has said it withholds such details to avoid contributing to public stigma.
The latest incident brings the total number of summary offenses in the NWT to 19.
There were also 265 verbal and written warnings for health order violations, up from 245 last week.
The number of Self-Isolation Plans (SIPs) submitted by individuals entering the NWT has continued to trend upwards.
For Sept. 6 to 12 there were 855 plans submitted, the previous week 821 were submitted and during the week of Aug. 23 to 29 there were 771 plans submitted, according to the Tuesday report from ProtectNWT.
The highest number of submitted SIPs since records began in June was 1,175. They were submitted during the week of Aug. 9 to 15.