Updated: Cause of fatal fire, victim’s name released

by Brendan Burke - April 13, 2018

“Smoking materials” have been cited as the cause of a fatal weekend apartment fire that claimed the life of 55-year-old Karen Petersen. “The cause is suspected to be smoking material too close to combustibles,” NWT fire marshal Chucker Dewar told Yellowknifer Friday. “Smoking materials,” Dewar said, range from cigarettes to matches and lighters. Petersen was pronounced dead…

To read the full article, please subscribe now.