Criteria for first doses of the Moderna vaccine have been expanded for the Yellowknife clinic in the Centre Square Mall that runs until Feb. 27.
Appointments are also open for second doses for residents who received their first doses between Jan. 7 and 17 and Jan. 18 to 22, the NWT Health and Social Services Authority (NTHSSA) said in a news release Tuesday.
Under the new criteria, the following priority populations can receive their first jabs:
Residents with one or more chronic medical conditions (expanded to include those with mild or controlled disease), including:
- lung disease
- heart disease
- hypertension (high blood pressure)
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- Residents who are immunocompromised from underlying medical conditions or medications
- Residents living with obesity (BMI of 40 or higher)
- Residents aged 60+
- Resident workers 18 years of age and older in the following categories (please bring company ID):
- Mine workers who work with and stay in the same facility overnight with workers from outside the NWT while at camp (NWT residents only)
- Medevac pilots or flight crew (NWT residents only)
- Winter road support staff who interact directly with staff from outside the Northwest Territories (NWT residents only)
- Canadian armed forces (NWT residents only)
- Taxi drivers
- Isolation centre staff
- Residents living with disabilities (intellectual or physical) and their caregivers
- Residents who are primary caregivers for those at high risk of severe disease of Covid-19
- Residents travelling outside the NWT for any medical reason on or before March 31, 2021
- Anyone 18 years of age and older with CPHO Approval Letter
Those residents and others waiting for their second doses can book their appointments online.
People should book in the week designated for their date range.
If their designated week is missed they can book in a later week.
If a booking is made earlier than the designated week, they will be turned away and asked to reschedule.
If an appointment option for a designated week isn’t available yet, check back at a later time.